Some of his points:
- As global population grew, highest quality resources declines.
- Most natural resources are non-renewable.
- Scare metals: copper, zinc, tungsten, silver, gold, uranium.
- Many scarce resources have abundant substitutes
- Water is even more priceless. Cannot create modern energy without it. Cannot grow food without it.
- There are few estimates of remaining fresh water/potable ground water.
- Most of the world’s usable water is now brackish or saline.
- There are no substitutes for potable water.
- 2 billion people now live with un-sanitized water. Every 8 seconds, a child dies from drinking dirty water.
- World’s most prosperous people use most of our water and oil.
- OIL: USA uses ~ 25 Bbls/oil per person per year. Non-OECD countries use 2.7. Thats 9.3 times as much.
- WATER: USA uses 600 litres per person per day. Outside USA, 50 litres/day. Thats 30 times as much.